https://www.dapcom.es/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/logo-01_RGB_smallAndSquare.jpg 320 320 Jordi Portell https://www.dapcom.es/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/dapcom-logo-header-small.png Jordi Portell2022-02-22 15:58:162022-02-22 16:18:35Release of FAPEC Archiver 22.0 - codename "Merganser"
Release of FAPEC Archiver 22.0 – codename “Merganser”
Today, DAPCOM has released the new version of our propietary, high-performance, professional, staged data compressor: FAPEC Archiver 22.0 (codename Merganser).
Anybody can request and download free evaluation licenses, and for the first time, free perpetual decompressors can be downloaded.
It includes several exciting features:
- New professional stage to compress Kongsberg’s MBES data, including their brand new KMALL (and KMWCD) files, as well as .all and .wcd files.
- FAPEC achieves the best compression ratios in the market for those files.
- You can find more information in our brochure.
- New image compression algorithm, CILLIC (Context-Interpolation Lossless and Lossy Image Compressor), supporting greyscale, colour and hyperspectral images in various coding formats (including Bayer pattern). It offers lossless, near-lossless and lossy options.
- New compression algorithm for multi-channel time series, Wave, offering lossless and near-lossless options. It is ideal for audio and radio-frequency (RF) data, for example.
- New ultra-fast compression core, FASEC, for extremely fast lossless compression of single- or multi-dimensional time series or images. It can achieve compression (and decompression) speeds well above 1GB/s on a modest laptop.
- Our usual professional stages: FastQ (genomics data), Tabular text data (such as CSV or some LIDAR and point cloud formats), LZW and improved FAPECLZ for text data, etc.
- On-the-fly generation of basic compression statistics for each data chunk and file, which can be extended to perform quick statistical analyses on the data.
- Multiple file and directories archival (up to 8 million files or folders), keeping dates and permissions.
- Multi-threaded operation.
- AES256 and XXTEA-based encryption.
- Public API to integrate FAPEC compression or decompression in your C/C++ software.
- Python and Java bindings, to programmatically use FAPEC from your Python or Java code.
- Integration in HDF5 and FITS.
The codename Merganser comes from the red-breasted merganser, which is claimed to be the fastest duck. We chose a duck name due to the release number and date (2022-02-22), which contain a lot of ducks.
You can get your personal copy of FAPEC here, where you can choose between a 30-day evaluation license to test the compressor, or the free decompression program.
You can find more information on FAPEC here.